Saturday, August 17, 2013

What has been for dinner...

  This being our stay-cation week not a lot of cooking has been going on at home. We've eaten lunch out just about every day and dinner out twice. I have done some cooking however. Monday we actually had lunch at home due to the Direct TV installer being here. It was grilled cheese sandwiches.
As for dinners this week:

Sunday we had Grilled pork chops, grilled rosemary baby red potatoes, corn on the cob
Tuesday I made Arroz Con Pollo ( chicken and rice) from planned over cooked chicken & homemade chicken stock I'd frozen. This is a one dish meal so no sides,  dessert was slices of watermelon.
Thursday I did a crockpot pork roast with stuffing and more corn on the cob.
Last night was what we call slub-glub. Most people call it Johnny Marzetti or 'goulash'. I took out hamburger patties from the freezer and after they defrosted I chopped them up, browned these in a skillet while cooking elbow macaroni, added chopped onion, garlic, paprika, the cooked macaroni and two cans of tomato sauce. Green beans on the side and dinner was ready.

Today we plan on a trip to the Water Park since it warmed up enough to do this. We will be packing lunches. Dinner will be eaten at the big Feast of the Assumption festival in Cleveland's Little Italy area. I am very much looking forward to this!

No comments:

Post a Comment