Sunday, August 18, 2013

Use it up Sunday

  This being the last day  of GF's vacation week and my summer break it was a day to transition back into 'work' routine for us. I spent the greater part of my time this week at GF's house with the kids going back and forth. Since I will be going back to my own home I took a look at the odds and ends in GF's refrigerator and pantry. He is not a cook but is happy to eat any planned overs I leave behind for him. There were a few things I knew he wouldn't touch so I thought about ways to use these up.
We had a container of leftover slub glub from Friday nights' dinner.
  This became today's lunch for GF while I finished off an open container of cottage cheese. GF can't stand the stuff so I knew he'd never eat it.
We also had some bananas whose shelf life was in question. 
These I turned into banana nut muffins.
 
I also caught up the laundry and knowing I would need  to take lunches with me to work this week I baked a large loaf of bread using my new 2 pound loaf pan!
 
 
 

1 comment: