Sunday, August 18, 2013

Sunday Supper: Pork and Noodles

  Once again on the subject of using things up before I head back home I pulled out the bag of leftover cooked pork roast from Thursday's dinner
 and reviewed my menu plans for the month. I knew GF didn't have any noodles on hand but he did have pork gravy mix. He needed to run an errand and agreed we'd stop at the local Aldi and he would purchase not only egg noodles but also mushrooms for the planned pork and noodles. 
After getting the water on for the noodles I melted some smart balance in a skillet, added the sliced mushrooms and some chopped onion to sauté:
In a small saucepan I put together three cups of pork gravy with a healthy helping of black pepper:
Once the gravy thickened up I added it to the mushrooms and threw in a nice helping of shredded up pork roast:
 
I drained the egg noodles:
 
Then in the large pan I cooked the noodles in I added in the pork and gravy mixture and gave it a good stir. Along with some canned green beans from GF's pantry this was dinner:
GF told me it was an excellent meal. That makes me happy, happy, happy.
 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds delicious, and a great use what you've got (leftover pork in this case)meal.
    Perfect!

    ReplyDelete