Sunday, August 11, 2013

Austere Weekend: Days 9 & 10

  We rolled into the weekend and my GF began what is going to be a budget friendly 'staycation'. Lots of plans for this week, most of them at no or very little cost! I actually earned money on Friday, doing my bi weekly cleaning job at GF's company that morning, then relaxed for a couple of hours that afternood before picking up college age daughter and a friend of hers to come and stay with us over the weekend. GF treated us all to dinner out at Chili's and GF and I were budget minded and got the $10 steak dinner special.
Saturday GF rans some errands (oil change, haircut, bank) while I baked two 9x13 pans of brownies (one plain, one with walnuts) for a graduation/birthday party for GF's youngest nephew we were attending that evening. We also had a 21st birthday party for one of my nieces so once his errands were run we took the girls and went to Target for cards then GF treated us to Chipotle for lunch. We had a very nice time at both parties. And since we'd used my vehicle all weekend and plan on using it quite a bit this coming week GF filled it up once again!

No comments:

Post a Comment