Saturday, May 9, 2015

Changes Part 2

Change Clip ArtWell the workplace drama continues. The director of my aftercare program went to a meeting to discuss the situation surrounding my hours cut and proposed leaving of working in her program. Apparently the office is in quite a snit with me. They find me 'irascible'. Now I looked up irascible in the dictionary and it means "quick to anger; irritate". Damn right I'm irascible. Seven years I have worked hard, done a good job (never a complaint about my work), been reliable. Taken work home at night, stayed late, come in early, gone over and above the requirements and what I'm given is cut hours and cuts in pay. And most insultingly lies and misdirection from the people in charge of this. And they think I should just smile and make nice while they screw me. ::head shake::.
And then the building principal asks me to hold off on making the decision to leave the aftercare program until the office can work out whatever controversy my contacting the Human Resources department at the diocese has unleashed.
I hate confrontation. I hate causing anyone trouble. But I most certainly have a perfect right to contact the human resources department about what is a violation of the contract I signed for the current school year. So in this case I feel they've brought on whatever is going on with the diocese on themselves and I do not feel bad.
In fact I feel irascible.

3 comments:

  1. Egads! I'de be irascible, too! : (
    Sorry for the drama.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete



  3. Irascible, that must be the Catholic (I am one) version of being a b****. Well, they need to find out that they need to be accountable for their actions.



    ReplyDelete