Thursday, August 1, 2013

Financial Roundup: July

Financial report business diagram ClipartIt is time to close the books on July. I am not really happy with the spending I did. The purse strings were not as tight as they should have been.
Way too much money when towards needless eating out.
But first the good news:
I earned $ 400 between my two cleaning jobs..part went to pay for my cell phone bill, part towards daughter's college tuition,  the rest went towards grad party and entertainment. And speaking of college tuition daughter got an email informing her that one of her grants had been revised. Expecting to have to pay more towards tuition out of my pocket I was pleasantly surprised to see that she'd been awarded a bit more instead!

$291.37 on groceries, comfortably within the $350 budget.
$60.52 on nonfood household items...nicely within the $75 budget
$138 on graduation party, had budgeted $250.
$191.06 on gas from budgeted $200.
$100 on gifts (grad party, anniversary party) right on target

And now the not so good news:
$187 on entertainment (movies, popcorn, food at waterpark, parking fees downtown). My budget was $100 so this was grossly OVER my expected amount.
Shame on me.

1 comment:

  1. You win some, you lose some. I suggest being proactive when it comes to outings: pack your own lunch, choose the free concert, etc.

    ReplyDelete