Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Austerity August Days 6 & 7

  Days 6 & 7 are going well. Yesterday was $5 movie day and youngest son H and his girlfriend M joined me for The Wolverine. I love me some Hugh Jackman so this was worth every single penny of the $5 I spent. And the movie wasn't bad either.
Breakfast was fruited yogurt and coffee and lunch was leftover butter crumb noodles and broccoli from Monday's dinner. In addition to going to the movies I weeded the brick patio out back and cut back the ivy growing along its sides,  baked a loaf of bread, hung laundry on the clothesline, helped college age daughter with her first textbook order, and let the kids treat me to a pizza dinner. Youngest son H works at a local pizza place and gets a 50% discount and college daughter was so delighted by the price of her books that she offered to go halves with him on buying dinner. Pepperoni pizza and cheesy bread it was. Yummy.

This morning I spent a couple of hours working on lunch packets for school that needed to be assembled and taken in for mailing. It was nice to see my principal and it feels good to have gotten some work done in preparation for the coming school year. I also sent in my first food order via the computer at home.
I did a load of laundry but the storms moving through our area this morning meant I hung everything up either on hangers or over a saw horse that is in the basement to dry. Breakfast was toast made with home baked bread and coffee, lunch was a PBJ on home baked bread and koolaide. I had a pleasant afternoon while it rained watching a dvd of Red I checked out from the library. I also discovered while surfing the guide that my satellite tv provider has changed how one watches On Demand programming. Good to know since sometimes I forget to dvr a show I'd like to see. And it is included in the package I have at no extra charge.
It appears that dinner is just going to be myself and possibly adult son J. Youngest son H took our zoo membership and went with his girlfriend there and college age daughter is once again having dinner with the boyfriend and his family.
I am thinking I am going to be putting together some homemade marinara sauce with baby bella mushrooms and serving it over penne pasta for dinner. 
This evening's plans are to watch the baseball game on tv while reading a library book. Multitasking!

No comments:

Post a Comment