Friday, January 25, 2013

What a week....

... things was the fact that Moscow has a lot of cold cold WinterThis has been one long cold week. Monday was a school holiday that I'd originally planned on spending doing all things domestic. A death in the extended family put an end to those plans. Life happens and the morning was spent saying our farewells. Dinner was Chicken Paprikash soup made from Sunday's roasted chicken and totally off the menu plans.  Temperatures dropped into the single digits and snow hit us hard overnight and Tuesday became a Snow Day! I did a few of the domestic things I had planned, baking a batch of Coconut Crisp cookies, 25 Days of Cookies: Lacy Coconut Crisps | Family SpiceFamily Spicecatching up laundry, and having lunch with my oldest son and his wife since they were both home as well. At it was bowling night File:Bowling - albury.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia as well and I decided to ignore my menu again and do a homemade white pizza for dinner, simple and quick and it used up the rest of a container of grape tomatoes that were starting to look wrinkled. Wednesday temps were still frigid and we woke up here to a lot of falling snow. However schools were in session so off to school for the kids and off to work for me. A two hour long white knuckle commute as it turned out. Scary but when I finally reached my destination it was to find that they had no snow and the sun was shining. Just us folks along Lake Erie who got blessed this time.
A change in routine on Wednesday and the GF and I had dinner date night and went out to dinner for a change.
Last night was totally off the menu plans yet again (I see a pattern developing here) and sons and I indulged in some of our favorite Chinese takeout, Chinese take out food isolated on a black background Stock Photogetting the family dinner and spending $20.50 from my entertainment budget.
Temperatures are slowing inching their way up the thermometer and we should top out at a balmy 19!! And it is back on the menu plan finally with dinner being Pomegranate glazed Cornish game hens, white and wild rice pilaf, and garlicky green beans. pomegranate glazed butterflied cornish game hens

1 comment:

  1. Nancy,
    frigid temps out here in CT as well. Could you share your coconut crisp cookie recipe?
    Thanks
    Carol

    ReplyDelete