Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Planned overs: Corned Beef Hash

Having a small amount of corned beef from Monday night's dinner lingering in the refrigerator and realizing it was just myself and youngest son for dinner I decided tonight was the perfect time to dig out one of my favorite cookbooks, The Plan Ahead Cookbook: 300 Delictable Ways to Use Leftovers by Ceil  Dyer and make corned beef hash.

My first step was to heat a mixture of smart balance and oil in my large fry pan and saute some chopped onions ... large pan on a medium heat add the chopped onions and fry gently for  I chopped up the leftover corned beef , add this and a bag of frozen hash browns, some beef broth, worcestershire sauce and salt and pepper and let the hash cook about 10 minutes until it was good and crispy on one side. I served the hash with a simple side of pickles. Corned Beef Hash - Corned beef fried with potatoes and onions.Simple and filling.

No comments:

Post a Comment