Monday, January 7, 2013

Sunday Supper: Roast Beef

Yesterday was one of my favorite types of Sundays, a long, slow, lazy kind of day with not a lot of things needing to be accomplished beyond laundry and making sure meals were prepared. My gentleman friend and I even found time to take a Sunday drive together, one of our favorite hobbies, just meandering along the back roads with good music on the radio and good conversation.
Dinners this month are going to be 'big meat' meals, with planned overs used for at least one or two more meals during the week. Yesterday we had a roast beef. I browned an eye of round roast on the stove,


seasoned it with McCormack's Montreal seasoning blend and parsley and put it in the crockpot on low.

Dinner was at the gentleman friend's house and he had a box of au gratin potatoes tucked in the pantry that he requested with the roast. I also wanted to try a new to us recipe that I'd come across on pinterest for roasted mushrooms with balsamic vinegar, garlic, oil, butter, and parsley. Oven-Roasted Mushrooms with Butter, Garlic and Parsley Recipe  These were our side dishes.  The planned over roast will make a nice meal for the gentleman friend tonight as well as the basis for the stroganoff I have planned for Dinner Date Night this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment