Monday, January 14, 2013

Sunday Eats

With my adult middle son and youngest daughter both working and youngest son spending time with the girlfriend it was a nice Sunday with the just the gentleman friend. Instead of going out to breakfast which we used to do at least three times a month I made us a traditional cooked breakfast of scrambled eggs, bacon and toast.
stock-pho... My estimate of the cost of this meal for two people was $3.56 ( 6 eggs bought at $1.09 per dozen, one package of organic bacon, $3.33 and four slices of bread bought at $1.39 for a 12 slice loaf), I didn't count the cost of the pot of coffee we shared since if we'd gone out coffee is included in the breakfast price at the little local diner we enjoy. We still saved more than half the cost of eating out since this same meal plus tip for two of us at the diner runs just under $10.
We ran errands (BJs, Target, gas station) and did eat lunch out, my gentleman friend picked up the tab for two apple pecan chicken salads and drinks at Wendy's.

I've been doing a big meat meal each Sunday this month but since it was only the two of us for dinner my gentleman friend suggested I make the two steaks from his freezer so I grabbed those as well as a box of scalloped potatoes he had on hand and salad fixins from his fridge and put together a nice meal for the two of us.
A little bit of tv watching and then it was time to grab youngest daughter from her job and head home.

1 comment: