Wednesday, January 30, 2013

A wonderful surprise and February's grocery list

Last night I had a wonderful suprise. GF had taken his car in for some needed maintenance and I had to drive him from one side of Cleveland to the other from his workplace to pick up his car. We decided to pick up my teens and all go out to dinner (even though he'd just treated us on Monday to dinner out to celebrate youngest son's birthday) and since my state income tax refund had hit my account (a nice surprise but not the one in the subject line) I volunteered to treat us all. Pizzazz SOM CenterWe settled on Pizzaz a local small inexpensive pizza and pasta joint near us. When the check arrived I got the most wonderful surprise, my 18 year old daughter picked it up and said she 'had this one'. She's been working her first job for a couple of months now and wanted to do something nice for us. What a kid!!
Now that I have my menu plans in place for February I have reviewed the contents of my deep freezer and pantry shelves and sat down and made a shopping list, divided into the stores I plan on going to. It is going to be a full shopping trip this time. We used up quite a bit of stores during last month's pantry challenge but surprisingly we still have a lot on hand.
Another printable grocery list that has images of popular Italian ...
Here's the list as it stands so far:
Gordon Food Service:
pasta ( egg noodles, bowties, penne,seashells)
assorted frozen veggies (peas, green beans, broccoli)
chicken soup base
au jus base
eggrolls
BJ's Wholesale Club:
ground beef/meatloaf mix
whole pork loin
pork tenderloin
roasting chicken
short ribs
london broil
dried cranberries
milk
Aldi:
eggs
chips
oatmeal
sour cream
cottage cheese
yogurt
cheeses
canned creamed corn
canned diced tomatoes
steak sauce
coffee creamer
dried cherries
elbow macaroni
spaghetti
boneless skinless chicken breasts
chicken strips
potatoes
celery
carrots
mushrooms
onions
salad items
fruit (apples? oranges? grapefruit?)

Nonfood Items:
trash bags
storage bags
toothpaste
shampoo
fabric softener
cleanser
carpet deodorizer
toilet paper
paper towels





No comments:

Post a Comment