Thursday, January 2, 2014

Snowed In!

Snow Flakes clip art - vector clip art online, royalty free & public ...I think the saying is Man proposes but God disposes isn't it? Well I had all kinds of plans for today involving driving home the 25 miles to my own home from GF's house. I was going with adult son to change phone providers, I was going to clean my house and catch up laundry and spend quality time with the dogs. Mother Nature had other ideas, I woke up this morning to softly but steadily falling snow that began sometime during the night. The driveway already had an inch of white stuff on it when we checked it out. I had already planned to wait until morning rush hour was over before beginning my drive and decided that would be the smart thing to do. Surely the snow would taper off enough for ODOT to get out there and get the highways cleared and salted.
Or not. GF phoned me when he made it in to work and said the trip in was pretty sketchy and I should wait a good three hours before even thinking of leaving. That was ok with me, I made coffee and curled up with the computer and then a book.
Three hours later there was no let up in the snowfall and GF's city still hadn't made it down his street with a plow. GF phoned and said he'd been listening to road reports on the radio at work and his advice was to stay put but of course it was up to me. I texted with adult son about conditions at home since they can vary greatly from here. Son's advice was the same as GF's advice.
So here I am all snowed in. I took a few snapshots of GF's yard this afternoon in between watching BBC's Sherlock on Amazon Prime videos online.
Here is part of GF's deck, check out the amount of snow on the fountain:
 
This next shot was done through the screen part of the sliders in his great room looking out over the patio area with the hot tub:
 
And this last picture is the view from his front door. I love the view because his house is perched on a hill and the back yard abuts a protected wild life area. But that same hill means a monster of a driveway  to get up and down.
And twelve hours after first looking outside today the snow is still coming down.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment