Wednesday, January 1, 2014

A trip to Lowes

lowes 127 logo logos brand design After a beautiful walk with the dog in the softly falling snow GF and I set out to run a couple of errands. We determined that Lowe's would be our first stop. I was in search for five gallon buckets with lids as a new storage system for bread flour, AP flour, and sugar at home. GF wanted mini paint bucket liners and a couple of new faceplates for his house. Our next stop was going to be Target and our final stop was to be OfficeMax for GF to purchase desk calendars for work.
Lowe's had five gallon buckets for $2.87 a piece or 'food grade' buckets for $4.87 a piece. Lids, the same ones for both, were $1.97 each. Since I plan on lining the buckets with large clear plastic bags saved from work and not intending to keep the dry goods for an extended length of time (just want to keep them free from damp and bugs in the summertime) I settled on the regular buckets. I bought three to start (may get more of these for storing bags of dried beans & pastas) at a cost of $4.84 each for both bucket and lid. Encore Plastics 5-Gallon Lowe's Bucket-EncoreEncore Plastics 5-Gallon Polyethylene Bucket Lid I also noticed a cat litter pan on the clearance shelf of the pet supplies aisle and asked customer service to scan for a price. It was $4.04. Sold. And we've been having an issue with my pug Mr Guido chewing on furniture. I grabbed a bottle of bitter spray to prevent chewing for another $2.18.
Total cost out the door : $21.84 with tax.
We skipped our next stop at Target. I'd purchased the litter box and had begun to feel pretty exhausted (that late night rearing its ugly head). GF ran into OfficeMax while I waited in the car. I'm sure we can borrow some litter from a neighbor to tide us over until I get to the store tomorrow.
An hour's nap put me right again after we got back to GF's house.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you found some good bargains. I use the Home Depot version of these buckets with no concerns. Keeps the critters away, moisture out.

    ReplyDelete