Friday, January 24, 2014

Monday Holiday

Free (RF) Clip Art Illustration of a Cartoon Businessman Tripping Off ... One of the many benefits of working in a school are the official Monday holidays we get. Last Monday was MLK day so there was no school. Nice to have the long weekend.
My middle daughter K received an automatic starter for  her minivan and needed someone to follow her to the mechanics and then take her and her boys on some errands. Mom was the go-to person.

I needed to make my own stop at BJ's for a case of envelopes for work so that was our first stop after we dropped off K's van.  She needed to shop for a few items so we were off to the regular grocery store. While there I picked up a cottage ham and some chipped beef as well as some Chocolate-hazelnut tea  . $15 out the door.

K was in need of some items from Target and I was down to my last two MegaRed tablets so that was our next stop. $11.94 for the MegaReds.

The two hours the mechanic told me daughter that he van would take stretched out in to four. Since I'd given up my day to take her and the boys around she treated me to lunch at Chipotle. I do love that restaurant.
With time to kill K suggested we stroll around Big Lots and TJMaxx. I managed to make it out of Big Lots with no purchases in hand but couldn't help but pick up a new sweater (yes I know I said no more clothing purchases) for myself off the clearance rack for $15 and a box set of 8 drinking glasses for $7 similar to these: .  We seem to always be in need of drinking glasses at home and it was a good buy.

After taking K and the boys back to pick up her car I headed home. Once home I checked on my bank account balance (yes the banks were closed but I wanted to see if a direct debit for insurance had come through on Friday) and getting a nice surprise in the form of a deposit into my checking account from my bank. It was my cash back rewards from the previous year for using my check card. Nice!!
The remainder of the day was spent giving the house a good clean and making dinner. I went totally off my menu plans I sautéed some chicken tenders in garlic, garlic oil and smart balance, I then tossed in some broccoli florets, some freshly ground black pepper and some grated parmesan cheese and tossed the entire thing with some cooked penne pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment