Sunday, January 26, 2014

One Cottage Ham Two Hot Meals.

Food Animated Clipart: cooking : Classroom Clipart  My slow cooker has become my best friend since starting a second job at my primary workplace. Those 11 hour days are killer and it is nice to come home to a hot meal. I picked up a cottage ham on my day off and my plan was to pop it in the slow cooker and do a New England 'boiled' dinner sort of idea with it.  Tuesday morning before leaving for work  I gathered my ingredients, the cottage ham, potatoes, carrots, and cabbage:
 
I popped them in to my slow cooker and added water and set it:
 
When I arrived home a hot dinner was all ready for me.
Planned overs went in to the refrigerator.
Then it was time to assemble part two of my dinner plan. In the cupboard I had a bag of 15 bean soup mix:
 I put the beans into some cold water and brought it to a boil allowing them to cook for about 10 minutes. I turned the heat off, covered the pot, and let it sit overnight.
Wednesday morning I drained the beans and rinsed them, placed them in my slow cooker, added some hot water and ham soup base Put everyhing in the Crockpot and cover with water. the seasoning packet from the soup mix and the leftovers (including the broth) from the New England style dinner
Some crescent rolls baked when I arrived home and a good hot filling dinner was once again on the table within minutes.  Given the weather conditions, snow and single digit cold, this was a blessing.
 
 
 

1 comment: