Sunday, January 5, 2014

Making a change

  In between the grocery shopping trips I ran one more very important errand yesterday. GF and I met my adult son at a local cell phone store to change my service provider. My contract with my former provider was up at the end of December. I paid my final bill and was ready to move on. Adult son has had a family plan with college age daughter and youngest son and was willing to add me to his account. It is a slightly different set up than what I had. Before I had unlimited talk and text and only 200 mgb of data for a whopping $116 a month. Now I have shared minutes from 7 am to 7 pm Mon-Fri BUT unlimited mobile to mobile (any provider) all the time, unlimited minutes nights and weekends (7 pm-7am Monday-Friday, 7pm Fri-7am Mon), unlimited text & picture text, and unlimited data. Sweet. A new Iphone 4S was free. And they bought my old Iphone for $50 store credit (used to get half off on a cool little speaker thing so I can listen to radio via my phone). AND most importantly  I will be saving a cool $58 each month over my old cell phone plan. Happy, happy, happy.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! All 4 of the kids and I are on a bundled plan with 2 of them reimbursing me for their portion. I still have (and prefer) what I call a "stupid phone" vs a smart phone, as I view my cell as a communication devise for texting and phone calls. We have unlimited mobile to mobile and texting (essential with teens!), and one kid has a limited data plan that he never maxes out (needs it for school reasons). So for now, we're ok, but like everything else, I would still love to lower the costs. Can I ask which provider you moved to? we have Verizon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I moved to Sprint. While waiting for the customer service rep to sync my new phone with my stored data/pics etc. from old phone we were chatting. He told us Sprint is currently in the process of rebuilding and add more cell phone towers so that can match Verizon for coverage. Adult son says he has very rarely had a dropped call problem. BTW I love my smart phone for being able to access work email etc. from home or on the go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the info, Nancy. I am never far from a laptop, computer-either at home/work. If someone NEEDS me, my cell is with me 24/7. : ) A call or text will do, for now. I hate the idea of adding data to my plan. DS has some attached to his phone, BUT he reimburses me for it.

    ReplyDelete