Wednesday, January 29, 2014

More Days off

Cold clip art  We have gotten yet another blast of arctic cold yesterday and today which means subzero temperatures and more time off from work. I'm not a fan of going out in the cold weather but I am a fan of getting paid and when we have these days that does not happen. So I am less than happy about the unexpected time off. On the upside I am saving money on gasoline, my house got a good clean and I didn't have to do it after an 11 hour workday, and I am all caught up on my dvr'd tv shows.  Yesterday was youngest son's birthday (also nice to have time to spend with him) and for his birthday dinner he requested the Broccoli-cheese soup I buy from BJ's Wholesale club
And instead of traditional birthday cake son asked for a Cheesecake factory frozen cheesecake. This I can also get from the wholesale club.
So despite the frigid temperatures I was off to the wholesale club to pick up these special items for my baby. I have to admit that his idea of soup and crescent rolls for dinner really hit the spot. And the cheesecake was wonderful.  I added a nice pot of lapsang souchong tea to my meal

Today's plan includes laundry. I have a couple of loads built up in the hamper that need doing. My refrigerator needs a good clean out as well and I want to wash down the walls in the upstairs hallway and down the staircase. Despite having hand rails and nagging from Mom people just kee putting their dirty hands on the wall itself.
I also am going to bake. A loaf of bread and a batch of shortbread cookies.
Tonight I am headed over to oldest son's house and I will take cheesecake leftovers for pregnant DIL with me. Oldest son is not a dessert fan. We are going to be going window shopping for a travel system for the upcoming baby. This will give me an idea of what to budget for this item that I want to get for them. Then son suggested we get our favorite Chinese carryout and eat at their house. I am on board with this plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment