Monday, July 1, 2013

Sunday's supper: Beef Brisket

Clip artYesterday I tried a new to me recipe for beef brisket. My middle daughter (and new mommy) K had us to dinner a couple of months ago to celebrate grandson J's birthday and made this recipe which was really delicious. It being inventory time I knew GF would be going in to work for most of the day leaving me free to putz around and entertain myself while he was gone and I figured I would make dinner prep easy on myself by using the crockpot. A quick phone call to my daughter and a peek at what was on hand in GF's cupboards and I had a plan. I had brought the brisket with me from home and had defrosted it in the fridge here so I was ready to roll.
First I poured enough Worcestershire sauce Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce Product ID: OT262196 Heinzinto the bottom of the crockpot to cover the entire bottom.
Then in a small bowl I mixed fresh pressed garlic, salt, pepper, dehydrated chopped onion, and a bit of chili powder together (daughter skipped the Worcestershire & chili powder but I wanted  bit of kick) then rubbed both sides of the brisket with the mixture and put the brisket in the crockpot. crock pot « Caveman ResurrectionI set the crockpot on low for 9 hours.
While the brisket was cooking away (and making the house smell fantastic) I took a quick trip to the local grocery store for a few items. We needed buns for the brisket and I thought coleslaw would be a good pairing with this. I picked up coleslaw mix, Easy No-Mayo No-Cook Cole Slaw RecipeMarzetti coleslaw dressing Marzetti® Light Slaw Dressing - GLUTEN FREEand a can of crushed pineapple CANNED GOODS :: FRUITS :: Dole Crushed Pineapple in 100% Pineapple ...to make GF's favorite coleslaw. I mixed the ingredients together and placed the bowl in the refrigerator.

Once the brisket had cooked I removed it from the crockpot and using two forks shredded the meat
Shredded Beef Brisket then placed it back in the pan juices. We piled the meat onto the buns spiced-shredded-beef-brisket and served with the coleslaw on the side. Delicious !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment