Monday, July 29, 2013

Planning out the rest of the summer....

Summer planning printable I realized this morning that I have exactly 21 days of summer break left. 3 weeks. I took out the list I made for myself at the beginning of vacation and reviewed it. I still have a few 'must do-s' on there.
I must empty out the bookshelves in the living room and reorganize the books on there as well as clean up the 'catch-all' area behind our living room tv. I still need to fix the kitchen window screen (decided to leave the dining room screen door alone since the loose piece at the bottom makes a perfect 'doggie door' for the pets). I still need to take down the lace dining room curtains and wash them. I still want to clean out the coat closet and the linen closet.
I have been thinking of the fun stuff I want to do as well. GF has already said we are still going to the fair and the final church festival of the year ( his treat) despite the budget adjustments he himself is making. We cancelled our mini trip BUT we are still planning on taking advantage of our waterpark and zoo memberships. He also wants to do a day trip to Amish country and visit Lehman's Hardware. We've scheduled a college campus tour at a local university for youngest son for that week as well. We have yet to go to the beach. And I want to spend more time with my grandsons. All of these things are easily accomplished in the time that remains. And most of them will be free of charge!

1 comment:

  1. August is just around the corner, and I, too am back at work in a few weeks. Having spent most of the SUmmer recouperating, there hasn't been much energy for doing something fun, although we have been doing marathon Doctor Who videos from the library. The twins are with me for the next 3 weeks for Summer vacation visitation with Mom, and it's nice having them here on weekends for a change. : )
    While our usual vacation has been put off due to my recovery, I still have the $ set aside, so I am hoping that we can get some day trips in, perhaps the movies, a picnic in the park etc.
    Days are already shorter, I am noticing and after the sweltering heat of a few weeks ago, we are relishing the cool evenings, such as tonight.

    ReplyDelete