Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Free Concert Picnic dinner

Photo: Archive Photo of the Week - The Orchestra performed for the first time at Cleveland’s Public Square on July 3, 1990. The Cleveland Orchestra Chorus joined forces with conductor Jahja Ling and the Orchestra for this celebration concert commemorating the 214th birthday of the USA and the 60th Anniversary of the Terminal Tower.

As I mentioned we took a trip downtown Cleveland Monday night for a free symphony orchestra concert and fireworks show that is an annual event here.  I love this stock photo taken from the Terminal Tower building because it really captures how popular this is.
Nothing says fun like setting up our chairs and picnic baskets right in the intersection of two major roads.
For Monday nights' dinner I put together an Italian Muffuletta sandwich which is one of my favorite Pampered Chef recipes. I cheated a bit by using the large round of bread I purchased on my shopping trip instead of baking my own. I cut the bread in half horizontally. Then I took black olives, celery, and green olives and put them in my magic bullet chopper and chopped them fine. I made homemade White Balsamic Italian dressing (1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar, 2 pressed cloves of garlic, 1 tsp. Italian seasoning, 1 tbl. sugar, 1/2 cup olive oil) and combined about 1/4 cup of this with the chopped veggies. I spread this mixture on the inside of both the top and bottom parts of the bread loaf.
Then I layered provolone cheese, hard salami, turkey and ham on the bread and put the top half on. I cut the round into wedges and wrapped each wedge individually before placing it all on a plate and putting my heavy cast iron grill press on top to press down the sandwich while it waited in the refrigerator to be packed up in the picnic basket.
Along with the hearty sandwiches I packed a couple of bags of Doritos and three cans of Arizona Ice Tea. Just enough food for myself, daughter L and her BF J.

No comments:

Post a Comment