Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Something to smile about

clip art  Last week I finally made time on Friday morning to get all the plants I'd purchased the week before from the garden center planted. Just looking at them makes me smile!
I bought an entire flat of begonias and potted them in two brand new pots I'd purchased a couple of months ago. These are either side of the steps on the front porch (which you can clearly see needs paint)

 I  purchased an already planted hanging basket and put that on the shephards crook that is next to the front steps
For Mother's Day Middle daughter gave me this sweet little planter. I added begonias and a trailing yellow flower that I have no idea what it is called:

I also bought a flat of verbenas in varying colors, they'd bloomed out by the time I was ready to plant them so I dead-headed them before planting. They will bloom a few times more before the end of summer. This pot will stay on the table on the porch, a second pot went on a large tin can next to the side door.

 
I also picked up some trailing tiny blue flowers that I don't have any idea what they are, potted those and put them on the old milk can next to the white rocker on the porch.

 
I still have several begonias needed a home and some empty pots but I am out of potting soil. I will pick some up and get those planted and out on the back patio for some color. I also have a large whiskey barrel on the patio planted with basil, rosemary, parsley, sage, and marjoram.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment