Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Running some errands & what has been cooking in July

Errand illustrations and clipart  The last two days have been spent running some errands. Yesterday DIL and new grandbaby joined myself and youngest son. We dropped son off at the barber shop ($15) then proceeded to Party City where we picked up graduation invitations ($4), a lawn sign ($4), and graduation themed napkins ($6) all paid for with cash. After picking son up we proceeded to the post office where I purchased 50 stamps ($24.50) to mail the invitations. We also stopped at a local craft store where I purchased two trifold boards to do picture boards for the grad party and I also picked up some on clearance 4th of July decorations (a small banner, a small bunting, a cute tin painted decoration) and spent $23.80 cash.

Today I hit BJ's Wholesale club for a couple of pounds of lunch meat (turkey and roast beef) on sale, a gallon of organic milk, a loaf of rye bread, a loaf of italian bread, hamburger & hot dog buns (for July 4th picnic), and three bags of assorted chips (also for picnic). I spent $45.16. My next stop was Target where I spent $21.29 on the Lego movie dvd. I knew I was babysitting grandsons tonight and wanted something new to watch with 6 year old. This will also be used at my aftercare job when school starts up again . My final stop was a new farmer's market where youngest son's girlfriend is working. I bought cherries, plums, nectarines, a watermelon, a pineapple, a quart of strawberries, a pint of blueberries, and 4 multi colored peppers. $33 out the door.
I budgeted $250 total for food for July from cleaning money. So far I have spent $78.16 of that amount. I don't think we will even need the entire amount since we are so well stocked.
I am still working on July menus but should have those done by tomorrow. In the meantime last night I threw together a pasta dish: I cooked some
penne that I tossed with shrimp, sun dried tomatoes and garlic that I'd sauteed in butter then finished off with a bit of crushed red pepper flakes and grated parmesan cheese. A simple green salad on the side.
Tonight dinner was provided by middle daughter (pasta fagioli) since I was babysitting at her place.

No comments:

Post a Comment