Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Restaurant meal without the restaurant

... menu design vector clip chef0 Restaurant menu design vector clip chefOn Sunday GF made a special dinner request. His favorite restaurant is a small little locally owned Italian place called TJ's On the Avenue. GF adores their chicken marsala and it is the only thing he orders when we go there. The restaurant is a 45 minute drive from his place so it is definately a special treat for him. He wanted the meal without having to drive to the restaurant. I love chicken marsala and since we'd run errands that morning we had everything at his house to recreate this meal (pasta with sauce and salad on the side).

I melted a 1/4 cup of butter in an electric skillet, added a large container of sliced mushrooms and a big dollop of minced garlic and set this to saute:


I had a nice bottle of marsala wine in the cupboard and a container of homemade chicken stock which I defrosted:


After pounding out and flouring two chicken breasts

 I added them to the skillet, sprinkled the top with parsley and set them to brown on either side.

 I added a good amount of marsala (about 1/2 cup) plus half the container of homemade stock (another 1/2 cup) to the skillet

I covered the skillet and let the chicken cook for about 20 minutes. I then uncovered the skillet and let the sauce cook down for an additional 5 minutes. In the meantime I made two individual salads

and cooked some bowtie pasta and heated up some jarred sauce GF had on hand.
I plated the chicken and pasta and served the salad on the  side.

 
A restaurant style meal without the restaurant.
 

1 comment:

  1. Yum! Let me pull up a chair alongside you! looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete