Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Making a list

WorkFlowy: a free tool to organize lists and life! and checking it twice is what is going on today. Our temperatures have fallen into what can only be described as 'fall-like". A high of mid 60s in mid July is almost unheard of here but I plan on taking advantage of the cool down. Especially since we will be more summer like in the mid to high 70s the rest of the week. Still not our typical swealtering July heat and humidity but I'm sure we will get some more of that sooner or later. I'm making a list of what needs to be done and doing it. I will be out and about visiting tomorow and Friday and then with the GF over the weekend so today is my domestic duty day this week.
On my list for today:
 1.Bake bread. We are all out except for the ciabatta rolls I bought yesterday. This needs to be remedied.
2.Declutter piled up mail. Between myself, adult son and college age kids we have accumulated a stack of mail that is mighty impressive in size. I will go through all of it, shredding anything that does not need to be kept. The important stuff like mortgage, insurances, auto payment, and utilities are paperless but we still get mailings from all these places regarding offers, etc. A new system of shredding and disposing daily will be put in place.
3.Give the house a good clean. Between graduation party prepping and running around the house is dusty, the floors need attention, and the bathroom is in need of serious work (except for the toilet which gets cleaned on an every other day basis to avoid grossing me out entirely).
4.Finally if the sun comes out (currently it is overcast and looks like rain is imminent) I will weed the brick patio out back . I also plan on getting college age son to dig out the dead rose bush stump out front in the bed by the drive so that I can get a new hydrangea planted there if I make it out today anywhere.
Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment