Monday, June 22, 2015

Trying a Pinterest tip

wood-floor-540.jpg  While browsing through Pinterest the other day I came across an interesting 'hack' for making beat up wood floors look better. You simply take a couple of tea bags and steep them in boiling water until the water cools down then mop the hardwood floors with the tea.

Since I had the water from processing the pineapple preserves on hand I added three tea bags and left this to steep and cool:
 
I poured this into a small bucket and used my mop
 
Our floors are pretty 'shabby chic', weathered, scratched, and 85 years old but I was happy with the tea results. They aren't shiny but the color is better:
 
I will be treating the floors with this again, probably about once a month.





1 comment:

  1. My dd and sil just ripped out their wall to wall. They have old hardwood floors so I sent her that tip since the floors need a good wash.

    ReplyDelete