Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Paying some attention to the 'garden;'

Flower Garden Clip Art Image - flower garden with purple, pink, and ... I have a list of jobs I want to complete during this week and the next and one of them is to purchase and plant my summer flowers and herbs. Another one is clearing all the weeds from the brick patio out back and then washing down the table, chairs, and umbrella so we can use them. So far we have had three days of rain on and off and the patio project is moving at a snail's pace.
I did go to the nursery yesterday and ended up going over my budget of $60. I kind of figured this amount wasn't going to be enough. I spent just over $100 ($119 and some change) but the largest amount of that was for the hydrangea bush that will fill the space previously occupied by a rose bush that didn't make it through the harsh winter last year. It was $45 because I wanted one that had some growth on it.
 
Adult son will be doing the heavy digging and getting this in the ground.
I also purchased a beautiful hanging basket of Superbells in a buttercup color for the shepherd's hook in front of the porch:
I rounded out the purchases of two pots of purslane in a yellow color
These I will transplant into bigger pots along with a variety of the three flats of flowers I purchased
blue lobelia

assorted colored nicotania

 
and these lovely pink and white striped torenia.
I made up two nice pots with nicotania and lobelia
and two large pots with purslane, torenia, and lobelia
and a small planter box with torenia

 
The remainder of the flats will go into a large planter for next to the side door, a couple of smaller planters as well as an empty hanging basket for the back patio.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment