Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Catching Up and July Menus

July Clip Art Pictures and Images I cannot believe it is July already and I have been on vacation for a whole month. Does not seem that long. I have been enjoying my time off, reading lots of murder mysteries, watching lots of Netflix, I've gone to the $5 matinee several times, gone to the zoo several times, and even spent three glorious days in the Pennsylvania countryside with my BFF (since jr. high) at her summer farmhouse. I've done some grocery shopping, mostly fresh produce and some small items from Aldi and worked my  2x a month cleaning job.
In bigger news I got called for a second face to face interview with the hospital. I really have no handle on how it went, I've never had an interview with a panel of people (3) before. They said I should hear something in about a week, this was exactly a week ago and still no word. <sigh> In the meantime I am focusing on my mental health, taking each day at a time and being grateful for the break.
I am a bit behind in my menu posting too. Here are the July menus I put together. I actually ate out the first two days of July, once with a friend, the second time with the GF and of course on the fourth we had our traditional all day family picnic at the park followed by fireworks viewing. GF provided the food and I did the cooking. I am trying several new recipes this month all found on Pinterest. Those are in bold print. Recipes using planned overs are in italics.
 

July Menu Ideas:
Apple glazed pork chops, rice a roni, peas

Spaghetti with meatballs, salad

Grilled Caprese chicken, risotto, corn on the cob

Polenta with grilled vegetables in balsamic sauce

Roasted leg of lamb, white and wild rice, salad

Shepherd’s pie, mixed veggies

Honey Apple Pork kebobs, chicken rice a roni, salad

Baked Cod, garlic redskin potatoes, peas

London broil, baked potatoes, salad

One Pan Balsamic chicken and veggies, rice

Salad Nicoise, rolls

Slow cooker beef brisket, mashed potatoes, roasted brussels sprouts

Papardelle with salmon, zucchini & walnuts, salad

Grilled pork chops, scalloped potatoes, green beans

Beef and Noodles, candied carrots

Roast turkey, mashed potatoes, corn

Asian Summer salad, rolls

Turkey enchiladas, Spanish rice

Horseradish encrusted tilapia, homefries, broccoli

Turkey salad sandwiches, hand cut baked fries

Turkey creole,  rice, salad

Honey mustard pork scallopine, german potato salad, green beans

Tuna and sun dried tomato penne, broccoli

Grilled chicken provencal, basmati rice, salad

Slow cooker chicken paprikash with drop dumplings, peas

Fettucine with pesto sauce, tomato salad

Spinach and tomato white pizza, antipasto salad

Pasta au pistou, salad

No comments:

Post a Comment