Tuesday, June 16, 2015

$5 Fun

summer fun clip art While I continue to await that important interview phone call (adult daughter K tells me the work grapevine says another round of interviews will be done within the next two weeks so keep hope) I am focusing on getting things done and having fun while I am on vacation.
I worked the twice-a-month cleaning job on Saturday and earned some much needed cash and after a quick discussion oldest son and I decided to split the cost of the family zoo membership this year. It is a family plus membership which includes one additional adult as well for admission. The cards will have my daughter-in-law and my name on them and son will be the 'guest' when they go. This way she and granddaughter can enjoy the zoo while son is working this summer without always having to go with me. I also had a 15% off coupon for renewal so we all did well.
After working GF and I went to a local classic car cruise that we attend annually. Five hours of walking around in the sunshine is a boost to my health, lots of exercise and vitamin D! Then we went to another local church festival for a couple of hours. Getting these in while I can. Sunday was granddaughter's first birthday party. GF and I split the gift cost since she is also his great-neice and adult son asked me to contribute my pasta salad to the food. Done. Fun time and she was of course adorable (but I might be a bit prejudiced, lol).
Mondays are $5 movie days for the Atlas chain of theatres here and Tuesdays are $5 movie days for the Regal Cinema chain. College age son and I went yesterday and saw Jurassic World, a good fun summer action movie and today adult daughter K and grandsons and I are taking in Home, an animated children's flick. I love going to the movies but I hate the regular price. $5 I can do!

No comments:

Post a Comment