Friday, June 5, 2015

Summer Grocery stock up

Grocery cart clipart and illustrations Tuesday of this week was our field day at school which meant I didn't have to be in until the afternoon job. I took advantage of this bonus day to do a little grocery store stock up. I managed to save up $325 in cash for this. I came home with $80 still in my pocket for further grocery expenditures. I had $20 in cash back rewards at BJ's which I used.

My first stop was Gordon Food Service. I spent $42.74 and came home with a 5 lb. bag of seashell macaroni, 2 lbs. of fettucine, 2 lbs of frozen Brussels sprouts, and two new to me items, a large jar of hollandaise sauce mix, and a second large jar of alfredo sauce mix. We all love these sauces and I thought it would be handy to have the mixes on hand for busy dinner times.

My next stop was BJs Wholesale club. I picked up a large box of Finish Powerball dishwasher detergent (a box this size lasts me almost 4 months), 18 lbs. of cat food, 1 loaf of oatmeal bread, a gallon of 1% organic milk, a two pack of Smart Balance spread, 1 large container of Magic Erasers, a container of port wine cheddar cheese spread, and a three pack of London broil which I separated into three individual portions for the freezer. I had coupons for the dishwasher detergent, the Magic Erasers, and the cat food saving $3.25! The total after the coupons was $80.49 but I used my cashback reward of $20 so it was only  $60.49 out of pocket.

My final stop that day was Aldi which is where I do the bulk of my grocery shopping. I spent $126.39. I came home with 2 2lb. boxes of elbow macaroni, 2 2lb. bags of spaghetti noodles, 4 boxes (2 beef, 2 chicken) of 'rice a roni', 1 box frozen fruit bars (pomegranate), 1 box frozen fruit bars (coconut), 1 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, 1 large box trash bags, 1 box assorted crackers, 1 box quart freezer bags, 1 box gallon freezer bags, 3 'slim jim' snacks (for the kids), 1 box Aldi brand "special K" cereal with red berries, 1 container grape tomatoes, 2 bottles 100% apple juice, 1 bottle 100% cranberry juice, 2 bottles ruby red grapefruit juice, and 1 bottle cranberry-pomegranate juice, 1 bunch bananas, 1 bunch celery, 1 package chicken Italian sausage, 1 package of chili brats, 1 package of cheddar brats, 1 bag green grapes, 1 container blueberries, 1 seedless cucumber, 1 bag baby carrots, 1 hummus snack pack, 1 bag dried cherries, 1 package sliced mozzarella cheese, 1 container whipped cream cheese, 1 package bone-in skin on chicken thighs (12 of these divided into 2 4 packs and 1 2pack), 1 package American cheese slices, 1 container raspberries, 1 can dairy whipped topping, 1 container baby bella mushrooms, 6 zucchini, 1 jar nacho cheese sauce, 1 bag tortilla chips, 4 bottles steak sauce, 1 bottle teriyaki marinade, 2 blocks NY white sharp cheddar, 2 pounds butter, 1 jar Miracle Whip, 1 bottle stadium mustard, 2 cans black olives, 1 can sweetened condensed milk, 1 bag spinach, 1 pack hard salami, 1 bag flour tortillas, 1 pint vanilla greek yogurt, 1 jar roasted peanuts, 1 large bar Moser Roth dark chocolate, and 1 dozen eggs.

I plan to combine the $80 I came home with with next weeks $125 from cleaning and put this away towards a trip for things like detergent, fabric softener, toothpaste, fresh produce, and possibly some frozen treats and meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment