Friday, April 5, 2013

Sudden Loss and Heartache.

Matthew 5:4  Blessed are those who mourn for they will be comforted.

I had big plans for my spring break. An Easter holiday spent with my family here and then a trip out to Kansas for my granddaughter's First Communion. God had other plans for me. The Easter holiday was everything I'd hoped it would be, a wonderful day with family, good food and happy times spent together. And then the other shoe dropped, a couple of hours after leaving our celebration my brother in law Dave died suddenly. On the day that Jesus rose from the dead and gave us all eternal life Dave went home to his reward. Never having had children my sister needed all the support she could get. I cancelled my trip and did everything possible to help and console her. It still feels as if I did not do enough and I still wish I could take away that sadness and loss I see in her eyes.
Yesterday we said our goodbyes and I can still hear the fading notes of the taps on the trumpet and the beautiful sounds of Amazing Grace on the bagpipes. Farewell my brother until we meet again at the feet of the throne.

2 comments: