Sunday, April 21, 2013

Financial week in review: 4/14-4/20

Annual Report 11 | [Financial Summary] | Greenpeace  It is that time of the week to do my reporting of financial activity. This was a pretty inexpensive week all in all. I still had one bill (Cell phone) that needed to be paid for April and I took care of that. I worked my cleaning job on Saturday and used that money to pay that phone bill. I am extremely unhappy that my cell phone provider has upped my basic fees by $12 which when taxes are figured in is a $14 increase in the bill. I still have several months on this contract and plan on dropping this provider (AT&T) and joining a family plan with my kids who live at home with another provider. My water bill also arrived in the mail. I was shocked at the amount, especially when I realized that 52% of the bill was for sewer charges. Yes we have 4 people living here but we are all gone for most of the day and really don't frequent the bathroom that often. I am tempted to encourage the kids to walk down to the library and use the rest rooms on the city's dime. :-) I'm at a loss for how to reduce our water consumption. We only run the dishwasher when it is totally full. We all take 5 minute or less showers and shower every other day. The washing machine runs four times a week. I don't water our grass (this isn't the season for that anyway) and I wash my car at GF's house (he has all the special equipment for this job) or go to the car wash. Suggestions?
Anyhow this is how the expenses broke down this week:

 Sunday 4/14: $0 (GF filled up the SUV in exchange for some housecleaning I did for him)

Monday:  4/15: $53 for new shoes for the teen son

Tuesday 4/16: $ 36 for two weeks of bowling

Wednesday 4/17: $0

Thursday 4/18: $0

Friday 4/19: $0

Saturday 4/20: $116 cell phone bill paid with money earned cleaning that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment