Sunday, April 14, 2013

Penzey's Spice Shop

One of my very favorite places to visit is the Penzey's Spice shop located not too far from where I work. Just walking in the door is soothing; the smell in there is always wonderful.

I only go there however with a purpose in mind (Self: "today I am grabbing just the jar of chili powder I have to replace and then leaving") and yet can never pass up a chance to browse around the store (Self: "Well it can't hurt to spend five minutes looking") and perhaps acquire something new for my kitchen spice cabinet (Self: "I really must try this Greek seasoning blend"). And yes I have an entire cabinet dedicated to nothing but herbs, spices, and extracts. I am a seasoning junky.

This trip my goal was to get a jar of garam masala blend seasoning for a salmon recipe I am going to be trying this month. After spending about 20 minutes wandering around looking at everything I checked out with the small jar of garam masala plus a few extras. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Nancy,
    I also appreciate a good trip to Penzeys, and must exercise restraint when I enter the shop! Do you subscribe to their newsletters? I do, and as a result, receive their catelog with some great recipes, and stories, often with a coupon on the outside, good for a free item, if not $X off my next purchase. You can sign up on line, if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete