Saturday, April 6, 2013

April Menus

 Menu Plan smIt was a struggle but I have finally finished my menu planning for April. I took a look at what I already have on hand food-wise and was pleased to discover that we are doing ok and that grocery expenditures should be in line with the budgeted amount if not under.This is one of those months when I am happy for my well stocked pantry. I have a menu or two from March that I never made that I plan to carry over. The GF and I have a couple of social out to dinner occasions on the calendar so I don't have to plan on those days.  Tonight is one of those. All in all I put together 24 dinner menus. I decided to choose one cookbook out of the many I have to try new recipes from this month, that cookbook is Pampered Chef's 29 Minutes to Dinner. I have made a few recipes from this and all of them were big hits. I'm expanding into trying others that I have bookmarked. I also have a couple of recipes I pinned on Pinterest that I am trying as well.  New recipes are in italics, recipes using planned overs are in bold, recipes using items already on hand have an *! Lunches and breakfasts will be the standards. Grocery shopping lists will be based on these menus, standard lunch and breakfast items, some snacks and a few items I need to restock in the pantry. These menus are in no particular order.

Roast eye of round, mashed potatoes*, candied carrots

Beef Stroganoff, egg noodles, salad

Skillet Lasagna, salad

Spicy Oven fried chicken*, escalloped corn*, coleslaw

Grilled tilapia* with pineapple salsa, coconut rice*, broccoli with herbs

Roast Chicken*, white and wild rice*, capri blend veggies

Berry-Pine Nut chicken salad, homemade Hawaiian rolls

Korean Beef bowls, cucumber salad

Garam Masala salmon*, basmati rice*, salad

Pork Tenderloin*tacos, yellow rice*

Salmon cakes with Chipotle Tartar sauce*, hash browned potatoes, peas

Gremolata steaks, mascarpone mashed cauliflower, carrot salad

Cheddar brats on bun, baked beans

Sun dried tomato chicken sausages with carmelized onions and peppers, pasta salad

Grilled chicken Provencal, baked potatoes*, peas

Ham steak and apples skillet, German potato salad*, green beans

Browned butter tortellini with spinach and ham, salad

Coffee braised short ribs*, egg noodles, Brussels sprouts*

Philly cheese steak stuffed peppers, parmesan potatoes

Grilled Asparagus and brown butter penne, garlic toast

BBQ chicken pizza, salad

Spaghetti and Meatballs*,  salad

Pork Adobo*, basmati rice*, broccoli

Val's broiled pork chops, baked potatoes*, corn










No comments:

Post a Comment