Saturday, April 6, 2013

Financial Review: The last two weeks 3/25-4/6

MS Excel Tutorial - SpreadsheetWith everything going on I have fallen behind in my financial accountability postings. I am going to  catch up here. It has been an expensive couple of weeks but some of these things mean more than what my bottom line is.

3/25: Gas for SUV $40

3/26: Bowling $18

3/27: $0

3/28: Aldi: $69.75  This trip included Easter candy for the teens baskets (yes they still want baskets) and assorted food items that the teens & my 25 year old were going to be making for themselves while I was gone on my expected trip. We purchased two frozen self rising pizzas, 4 bean & cheese burritos, a bag of chicken strips, a bag of parmesan crusted chicken tenders,  two cans of ravioli, 4 cans of soup, a bag of apples, a bag of oranges, a bunch of bananas, a loaf of bread, a dozen eggs, a package of cheddar cheese slices, a package of Colby-jack cheese, and a box of elbow macaroni. As well as 20 pounds of potatoes for my contribution to Easter dinner. In retrospect I am still glad they had all these items on hand since I really haven't been able to make a decent dinner in the last week even while remaining in town.

3/29: $ 28.79 on a new cream colored purse, a cheetah patterned scarf, and a luggage tag
         $ 76.86 on two new blouses for my trip at Dress Barn
         $ 64.00 on a jean skirt at Lane Bryant to travel in
         $ 8.62 on lunch for myself and DD M who went with me shopping

3/30: $30 on new brake pads as a birthday gift for DD M  who celebrated her birthday on Easter Sunday.

3/31: $0

4/1:  gas $51.41

4/2: Funeral expense (my BIL who passed had no life insurance but they did have cemetery plots, vaults, and headstone paid for; my son, my GF, and I picked up the cost at the cemetery for opening/closing and this is my portion of that) $300

4/3: BJ's $84.60 for paper goods and food for BIL's funeral luncheon

4/4: $175 for bag piper for BIL's funeral   $100 to my sister to help out with funeral home expense

4/5:$43.75 groceries for GF's special birthday dinner and cake that I made for him. Yesterday was his birthday.

Today I expect to not spend a single dime. I also paid several bills this week: Mortgage, Car payment, Car and home insurance, Direct TV, and Gas bill.

I took the money for the cemetery out of my savings account. Because I spent an extra $20 on travel insurance I will be getting fully reimbursed for the $371 plane ticket that I did not use and will replace this amount in my savings after filing my claim and getting the check.
I spent quite a bit of money on clothing but won't be spending any on that for the forseeable future. I have a wedding coming up in June (my DD J) but I have a dress I wore only once that I plan on wearing for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment