Monday, March 4, 2013

Honey Glazed pork tenderloin

After putting away the groceries I had youngest son grab a package of pork tenderloin from the freezer and I popped it into the microwave to defrost.
Over the weekend I picked up the latest issue of Taste of Home holiday Easter recipe cards. While browsing through it I came across a recipe I really wanted to try for Honey Glazed Pork Tenderloin and tonight was the night. It was myself and the guys for dinner and it met with rave reviews.

Honey glazed Pork Tenderloin:
1/2 tsp garlic powder ( I used 2 cloves fresh garlic, pressed)
1/2 tsp ground chipotle pepper
1/2 tsp pepper
2 pork tenderloins
1 tbl. canola oil
1/2 cup honey
2 tbl. soy sauce
1 tbl. balsamic vinegar
1 tsp sesame oil

Combine first three ingredients and rub into pork. In a large ovenproof skillet heat canola oil and brown pork all over. Mix together the remaining ingredients and pour over the tenderloins. Place pan in a preheated 350 degree oven for 20-25 minutes until meat reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees, basting occasionally with pan juices. Let stand for 5 minutes, slice, and serve with pan juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment