Sunday, March 3, 2013

Catching Up: Finances 2/18-2/28

Light_green_check.svg ‎ (SVG file, nominally 600 × 600 pixels ...It has been quite a bit of time since I was able to spend some time writing here. The annual fish fry season at work has begun. We do 6 frys on the Fridays of Lent and part of my job as the cafeteria manager is to assist the folks who run these with prep and set up. It is nice since it is a bit more money in the pay packet. On the social side of things the GF and I have been busy with a wedding we attended and then a fundraiser Night at the Races thing we go to annually. I worked my cleaning job the morning of the fundraiser and set aside some money for betting and side board tickets that night. I won a $50 sideboard so my total expenditure that evening was $5!!!
This last week was busy at work, the end of one month and the start of a new one means a lot of paperwork comes across my desk so that has kept me occupied. Things will slow down some this week since the only extra will be fish fry.
Lets get right down to the expenses for the remainder of February.
Monday 2/18: As previously posted I spent $42.46 at Marcs on groceries. I also spent a total of $181.87 at Home Depot for the new faucet ($148), washers for the drain under the sink that needed replacing, and a basin wrench my son needed to install the faucet. I had expected to spend more money on smoke alarms but lucked out when my oldest daughter gave me three extra alarms she had in a box along with batteries for them. My son installed them and they work well. We were a bit "alarmed" (haha) to find out our old smoke alarm (we only had one on the main floor) no longer worked even with a new battery. Disaster averted. (inset sigh of relief here)
Tuesday: 2/19: Bowling $18, $52.54 at the department of Motor Vehicles for new license plate stickers
Wednesday 2/20: Drug Mart for cleaning supplies and roast beef from the deli $30.87
Thursday 2/21: $0
Friday: 2/22: $0
Saturday 2/23: $5 at the fundraiser after my $50 win.
Sunday 2/24: $36 on gas
Monday 2/25: $0
Tuesday: 2/26: $18 on bowling
Wednesday: 2/27: $0
Thursday 2/28: $ 0
It was an expensive month here but I also managed to stick a bit of money in the savings and accomplish the big goal of paying off that student loan so all in all I am satisfied.

1 comment:

  1. Yay on paying off that loan, and on the $50 prize! Next (current month of March) should be easier with the added income coming in, reduced debt. GTW!

    ReplyDelete