Sunday, March 3, 2013

March grocery list

  After finishing the menus, reviewing what is on hand in the cupboards and the freezer, and taking a look at our fresh produce I have put together a shopping list for March. It is heavy on fresh produce. I will purchase enough for two weeks when I do my big shopping trip tomorrow and then purchase more on a second much smaller trip mid month.
I plan on shopping BJ's wholesale club, Aldi, and the farmer's market this time around.
My list broken down by store:

BJ's wholesale club:
frozen shrimp
cottage ham (smoked boneless pork butt)
cheezits
Smart balance
dried parsley

Aldi:
chicken quarters
boneless skinless chicken breast
corned beef
yogurt
eggs
sour cream
lowfat cottage cheese
cheeses (block colby, shredded mozzarella, shredded mexican, string cheese)
au gratin potatoes
white rice
steak sauce
juices (apple, red grapefruit, orange, cranberry, grape)
oatmeal
canned corn
cream of mushroom soup
tortillas
chips
salsa
fresh produce (romaine lettuce, potatoes, carrots, celery, onions, cabbage, mushrooms, bananas, apples, english cucumbers, oranges)
breaded chicken strips

Farmer's Market:
ruby red grapefruit (unless I can get it at Aldi)
turnips
red bell peppers
broccoli slaw



No comments:

Post a Comment