Sunday, March 24, 2013

Saturday's shopping trip & Financial Week in Review 3/17-3/24

Show Me the Money: The Economic Realities of SpamHere is this week's accountability entry for the finances. Most of the week was very frugal with a couple of exceptions.

Sunday 3/17: Car wash $10 (I detailed the inside and cleaned wheels and rims myself but that Suv is hard to wash the top of so through the car wash we went) Gas: $50.50

Monday 3/18: $0

Tuesday 3/19: Bowling $18

Wednesday 3/20: $0

Thursday 3/21:$0

Friday 3/22: $0

Saturday 3/23: Target: $55.62  ToysRUs:$52.77  Bed Bath & Beyond: $55.05

New illustration ready for purchase and instant download from royalty ...Yesterday was quite the major shopping spree (by the way this little drawing is an accurate depiction of GF and I , lol) . I worked my cleaning job (and set aside the money for my cell phone bill in an envelope to give my sister), GF took us to lunch, and then we hit the stores. At Target I purchased two packages of sponges for $3.78, this will be reimbursed to me from the school cafeteria petty cash since they are for work. I also picked up two new bras, badly needed since I lost two favorites to wear and tear and broken underwires. I still have a minor toothache so I got a tube of anbesol as well as a birthday card for my grandson J who just turned 5 and a cake server/carrier. We are going to my daughter's house today for a birthday dinner and she asked me to bring our family's traditional Chocolate cake with Seafoam frosting. I had nothing to transport this in safely without ruining the frosting and since I have to make another one next week for oldest dd's birthday and take it to the family Easter celebration this carrier will get multiple uses. Collectible Sterlite Plastic Cake Carrier Saver | eBay

Our next stop was Toys R Us for a birthday gift for grandson. He is going to be playing t-ball this summer and his parents wanted something for outdoor play for him. GF and I settled on a T-ball starter set (T with ball return, net for throwing practices, bases for base running practice, ball) and a Louisville Slugger t-ball bat. A roll of sports themed wrapping paper rounded out our purchase. Kids Baseball T ball Starter Set Youth Baseball Equipment Bags

And then we made a final stop at Bed Bath and Beyond. We had a 20% off coupon and I wanted to get a new pillow (waking up each morning with a stiff neck gave me a  hint that it was time to make this purchase) as well as a box of my favorite flavor of Keurig coffee cups. GF also wanted to purchase a new pillow.  I spent $55.05 and came home with the coffee cups, 2 donut baking pans (for GF's house), a cup cake batter dispenser (for use next time I do a baking class with aftercare group), an a 3 pack of Stick and Click lights for under the counters in my kitchen (this way we won't have the big florescent light on all the time and will save electricity since these small lights are battery operated). You will notice I did not purchase a pillow. After 20 minutes of debate on pillow types and firmness I really wanted to buy myself the $60 memory foam pillow but did not want to spend that much money. I was about to chose a less expensive $20 pillow when GF offered to buy the pillow for me since he was getting one for himself. So my new pillow was a gift! ... detailed picture of the Brookstone Biosense Memory Foam Travel Pillow

No comments:

Post a Comment