Sunday, March 3, 2013

March Dinner Menus

 Dinner Menu.I have finally completed the March menus. On the first we grabbed fast food on our way to the Auto Show. We had my grandson J, almost five, with us and so we went with his request, McD's. GF and I chose the fish sandwich and fries and J got chicken nuggets and fries. By no means a healthy meal but since time was limited and this is a treat for him (his mom and dad don't do much fast food either) it fulfilled the need . Last night I made homemade meatballs and sauce and served it over spaghetti with a simple salad.
Today's dinner plan is my mom's recipe for breaded and baked pork chops with some homemade applesauce, baked potatoes (GF has two potatoes that need to be used up before they go bad), and another salad.
The following are the rest of this month's menus in no special order. I planned out 25 meals , we have plans to go out to dinner twice, once for a relative's birthday, one more time to fish fry. The last Sunday in March is Easter. I will bring a dish or two to my sister's house for the family holiday meal as is tradition.  I planned heavily using items I already have on hand. I also included quite a few salads since I am craving fresh salads in a bad way right now.  New to me recipes have an *, recipes using planned overs are in bold. Recipes using items I already have on hand in the pantry or freezer are in italics.

Honey glazed Pork tenderloin*, white & wild rice pilaf, green beans

Sweet and Spicy Kielbasa, cabbage and noodles

Pan seared lemon tilapia with Parmesan couscous*, broccoli with lemon and herbs

Swiss steak, egg noodles, corn

Tuna Noodle casserole, salad

Herb Roasted Turkey with stuffing, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce

Lemon herb broiled salmon fillet, baked potatoes, broccoli with garlic

Turkey burritos, Spanish rice, corn

Spicy Meatloaf, scalloped potatoes, candied carrots

Pork Tenderloin balsamico, white and wild rice, salad

Parmesan encrusted shrimp*, fettuccine with garlic, green beans

Turkey and stuffing casserole, salad

 Cottage pie ( Shepherd's pie with ground beef), corn

Corned beef and cabbage, mashed potatoes, carrots

Mom's cottage ham, Mom's dropped dumplings, mixed veggies

English Fish and chips, peas

Swedish meatballs, egg noodles, green beans

Chicken Parmesan, cavatelle with sauce, salad

Harvest pork stew,  homemade fly-off-the-plate rolls

Herb encrusted eye of round roast, Duchess cauliflower*, balsamic roasted Brussels sprouts*

Amish Spicy oven fried chicken, escalloped corn, Mom's cucumber salad

French dip sandwiches, ranch oven fries*, pickles

Roasted chicken, au gratin potatoes, salad

Popeye's shrimp, Mom's baked macaroni and cheese, salad

BBQ Chicken pizza,  salad









 

No comments:

Post a Comment