Sunday, September 1, 2013

August: How did it measure up financially?

Home Finance clip art - vector clip art online, royalty free & public ...I decided to combine my weekly financial report with my monthly summary. We had yet another extremely frugal week. I credit this to both long work hours and short amounts of money in the bank.
Here is how this week's expenditures stacked up :

Sun 8/25: $50 for my youngest grandson's Christening gift

Mon 8/26: $24.99 gas for the SUV / $26.98 school supplies for youngest son H

Tue 8/27: $0

Wed 8/28: $0

Thurs 8/29: $0

Fri 8/30: $0

Sat 8/31: $40.68 for gas for SUV for upcoming week/ $23 on assorted stuff at the fair (pug t-shirt, maple beef jerky, maple sugar candy)

The only expenditure that wasn't something I needed was the fair stuff.  I did receive  a paycheck this Friday but since it was for the few hours I worked the previous week it was very small. Along with what is in the checking it will help towards the first round of bill paying in September.

As for how August finances ended up I am very pleased. All the bills were paid on time, electric costs were kept to an acceptable level even with some A/C usage by adult son J. Groceries were kept well within the strict budget I had set for myself. Youngest daughter's college tuition (after financial aide) paid in full.  And I had a little money for strictly fun items (books, pictures for house, a movie).

Groceries: $100.93 out of the $125 I allotted myself; plus $10 on oat and rye flours= $110.93 still under budget
Gas: $57.81 due to GF's generosity in filling up the SUV several times.
School supplies: $26.98
Entertainment: $5 on a movie
Household budget: $ 5.22 on cleaning/health & beauty/paper goods ; $22 on bread pan/bread keeper/bread bags at Lehman's; $15 on framed artwork for walls $42.22 out of $75 budget
Books: $ 27 on a cookbook, a memoir, and a set of children's classics
Clothing: $11 on two blouses from thrift store I can wear to work!
Gifts: $50

Determined to carry on with this frugality (if not at such an austere level as in August) in September!

No comments:

Post a Comment