Saturday, September 14, 2013

May I vent?

Click below for OUC's News Letter Article (Page 2) on Darryl Perry ... I find I really need to take a quick moment to vent about something that seems to be a habit with my internet service provider. Once again they have moved my billing date without notifying me. For the second time in a year. Why? No one in customer service could say. Personally I think it is a scheme to collect late charges from customers who regularly pay on time.
While paying the three utility bills I still had due I got quite the surprise when I went to the TWC website to pay my internet bill. Not only was the bill DOUBLE the normal monthly fee, it was double PLUS $10. I reviewed my payments, double checked to make sure they'd actually removed last month's payment from my checking account (they had), and then got on the phone. I was incensed to learn they'd changed my billing date so I owed for two months worth of internet. And not only that they charged me a late fee of $10 because the bill I thought was current was now overdue.
It was a very unsatisfactory conversation when they refused to remove the late fee and could not give me any explanation for the changes in billing dates. Needless to say I informed them that their sketchy practices were going to mean I am now on the hunt for a new internet provider and that in a very short time they would be losing a customer. I don't mind being charged if I make an error or can't pay on time but this kind of lousy customer service just irritates me. And to make it worse I still have not received the e-bill that should have been sent to me with this new amount, AND when I went to my account page it still only said my balance due was the normal monthly charge. Nothing about a change in billing dates, and only when I went to pay the bill did the larger amount then show up. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

1 comment:

  1. Nancy,
    I feel your angst.I'd phone again, this time asking to speak to a supervisor. In this economy, such practices are foolhardy.

    ReplyDelete