Friday, September 27, 2013

Dinners The rest of the work week

Arthur's Free Food Clipart Page 4  I got off to a terrific start with making dinners this week with the slub glub meal. Things went a bit down hill after that. Tuesday night I ended up home alone and decided it would just make sense to reheat some leftover slub glub and go with that.
Wednesday I ended up having to stay late up near work so that I'd be available to give college age daughter a ride home from campus. She'd spent her afternoon volunteering at a local homeless shelter with a group from her school and they weren't getting back until early evening. This left me with an hour to kill. When GF heard I'd be hanging around work that late he picked up Popeye's chicken and we had a nice 'picnic' in my car in the work parking lot. I'm still wondering what the ladies coming to church choir practice thought was going on with us. LOL.
And then last night we once again took advantage of youngest son's work discount. Since I was collecting him from work on the way home from my job I had him order a pizza for dinner. It had been a long week and the $12 we spent was well worth it.
Tuesday starts a new month and I think I have a good plan for meals in place. Alternating slow cooker cooking with quick meals that need little planning during the week and then longer meals that yield planned overs for weeknight use on the weekends.
I am hopeful that I will get a handle on this whole late dinner thing this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment