Sunday, September 22, 2013

A week full of dinners

easter_dinner clipart - easter_dinner clip artI am STILL getting used to the extended work hours but this week I made a concerted effort to get dinner on the table without going through a drive through window first. That kind of nonsense makes no sense to the health of my wallet or our bodies. Last Sunday I pulled out the GF's crockpot and threw in some kielbasa and sauerkraut and let it simmer while we went about our day.
 
On Monday I got up a few minutes early and put together a beef stew in my own crockpot ready for when we finally arrived home for dinner:
 
 
Tuesday was a quick and easy dinner of cheddar bratwurst, buttered egg noodles and peas. Wednesday was even easier, I combined the leftover stew, noodles, and peas into one dish and called it beef and veggies with noodles (so creative right? LOL) and youngest son and I finished this off.
Thursday was the staff meeting night and college age daughter and I ate at the meeting and then I picked up fast food at Wendy's for youngest son. Adult son took care of his own meal.
Friday was football/marching band night and we had our usual Booster Hot Dog for dinner. And yesterday was my family reunion. It is a potluck dinner and I made an Ambrosia Salad.
Today's dinner is per request of GF: Baked Pork chops with pineapple rum sauce, scalloped potatoes and corn.
This week will follow the last pretty closely in that I plan on using the crockpot, quick meals, and planned overs to get us through.

No comments:

Post a Comment