Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Grocery Shopping

Grocery cart clipart and illustrations  The last time I took an actual grocery shopping trip was at the end of November. Christmas expenses took precedence in December and we had a fully stocked freezer and pantry. I have also noticed that a lot of the time now adult son is gone, college age daughter is at her boyfriend's house for dinner, and college age son and I have gotten into the habit of opting for cereal or scrambled eggs or something for dinner rather than a full meal from my dinner plans. Tuesday has become pizza night with college age son treating us. And one night we had cheese and crackers and called it 'tapas night'. LOL. This means that the freezer is still pretty stocked up as well as the pantry shelves. This is not to say that I haven't been inside a grocery store at all. I have at times picked up milk or smart balance or eggs. And of course GF has handled all the food purchases for his house.
Today I had a bonus day off from work. A day where due to a very large funeral and a planned brown bag day coincided with a day I'd taken off from aftercare meant that I did not have to come in to work at all. The funeral was going to be using my kitchen so I didn't even have space to do paperwork at my desk. Now that I am on salary this didn't really present me with any issues. I took advantage of the time off to catch up laundry and get the house cleaned  up . I then made a short list (mostly produce, dairy, and juice) and headed out to do some grocery shopping.
BJ’s Wholesale Club offers a Free 60-day Trial Membership with this ...My first stop was BJ's . I spent a grand total of $41.44 and brought home a gallon of organic milk, a 48 oz box of Cheezits, a 5 lb bag of sweet onions, a bag of 8 ciabatta rolls, a large box of Special K cereal, and a three pack of Pledge for dusting.

Includes 1320 locations in the following areas: My second stop was Aldi. I spent $126.08 and brought home 2 dozen eggs, 3 lbs. navel oranges, 5 lb. grapefruits, 3 lbs. granny smith apples, 5 lbs. russet potatoes, 3 lbs. bananas, 1 bag of spinach, 1 large corned beef brisket,  a pint of mushrooms, a pint of grape tomatoes, a box of
'celtic trio' cheddar cheese,  a can of whipped cream, a bag of baby carrots,  4 boxes (2 chicken, 2 beef) of rice mix, 2 multi-colored peppers, 1 wheel of queso fresco, 1 box creamy wheat cereal, 2 blocks Colby cheese, 1 block NY cheddar, 1 bunch celery, 2 packs cheddar brats, 1 package of maple sausage links, 1 pound butter, 1 bottle tomato juice, 1 bag romaine hearts, 2 bottles steak sauce, 2 cans fire roasted tomatoes, 2 cans diced tomatoes, 1 bag Valentine Kisses,  1 bag shredded mozzarella, 2 boxes red velvet cake mix for a Make & Take I am doing at school as well as 2 cans of frosting for this, 1 quart plain Greek yogurt, 1 quart lowfat cottage cheese, 1 box organic shredded wheat, 1 pint whipped cream cheese, 2 bottles 100% apple juice, 2 bottle ruby red grapefruit juice, 1 bottle 100% cranberry juice, 1 bottle 100% grape juice, 1 bottle 100% cherry juice, 1 bottle pomegranate plum juice, 2 bottle coffee creamer, 1 bag dried coconut, 1 bag diced coconut, and  1 package peanut butter cheese crackers.

This should last us quite a while. I will be reimbursed for the cake and frosting items.

No comments:

Post a Comment