Sunday, January 4, 2015

Scoring a victory at the pump

Old Fashioned Gas Pump clip art  Gas prices have been falling steadily here the last month. Good news for those of us on strict budgets. I am hoping this will have a cascading effect and we will shortly see some reductions in the grocery stores as well.
In the meantime the SUV needed to be fed so that I can get back and forth to work this week. While out running errands GF and I were actually on our way to another gas station where we'd seen the advertised price as $1.87 a gallon when what to our wondering eyes should appear but this:
No need to drive any further. $25 later and I was all gassed up and ready to go. SUV is tucked up inside GF's garage and we will be taking his car to pick up college age son later on. Son is still on vacation from school this week so he will be residing with GF and going to work each day with him as he has done over break. He has already banked enough to cover his books and any other sundry expenses as well as some fun money. This means a savings for me as well as I will be able to take a shorter route home after work and anticipate making dinner for just myself or myself and adult son this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment