Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Sunday Supper:Spaghetti night

Clay Illustration of a Plate of Spaghetti and Meatballs  Sticking with my planned menus for the month of January is going to be very important to meeting my budget goals. With that in mind while doing errands with GF I suggested he pick up some meatloaf/meatball mix at the wholesale club. Half for use on Sunday and the other half for later in the month for meatloaf.

I used an open jar of Ragu sauce that was in his refrigerator and combined this with a couple of cans of tomato sauce, added garlic, Italian herbs and grated parmesan cheese  in the crockpot to stretch this sauce.
I took half the meatloaf mix and added an egg, some Italian bread that I'd soak in a bit of milk, more grated parmesan, garlic, onion, and Italian seasonings and made meatballs that I browned off on a cookie sheet for 20 minutes in a 350 degree oven:
 
I added the meatballs to the sauce and left that to simmer in the crockpot on low for about 2 hours;
While the pasta was cooking I made a Caesar salad of romaine lettuce (from Aldi), some shaved parmesan (buying this in a bulk piece allows so much versatility), some cheese and garlic croutons( from Aldi) and Caesar dressing that GF got for 50% off at the local grocery store . Dinner was served:
 
 
 

1 comment: