Sunday, February 1, 2015

February Dinner Menus

Month of February Snowman Love Clip Art Image - the word February in ...

Happy February everyone! I  have to admit this is one of my favorite months of the year. It is short and it includes Valentine's day and my birthday! We have a LOT of activities going on this month. My school/parish Fish Fries start the Friday after Ash Wednesday and this year I've been hired to run the kitchen portion of this event. This means every Friday of Lent (except Good Friday) I will be transitioning directly from my cafeteria job to the fry job. It is a challenge I am actually looking forward to. It also means Friday night dinners are taken care of. :-). We also have plans to go out to dinner three additional times this month, a birthday party today, a fundraiser for the school my DIL works at, and a baby shower later in the month that takes place late enough in the afternoon that it should spill over into the dinner hour.
That left me with 18 dinners to plan. I am trying two new recipes this month. I am mostly going with the tried and true. Dinners using planned overs will have an asterisk, meals that are quick will be in italics, and meals using the slow cooker will be in bold. The one new recipe will be underlined.

Pasta Carbonara Florentine
Salad with homemade Italian vinaigrette

Hot Dogs
Baked beans

Mozzarella & Tomato Panini
Chips

Ham & Seven Bean Soup*
Corn Muffins

Mom's Chicken Paprikash
Buttered egg noodles
green beans

Fettucine with Garlic and broccoli
salad with homemade creamy garlic dressing

Slow Cooker Pork Adobo
steamed basmati rice
green beans

Corned Beef Hash*
creamed corn

Slow Cooker short ribs
steamed brown rice
Mixed veggies

Broiled Pork Chops
Au gratin Potatoes
Harvard Beets

Roast Turkey
Sage & Raisin stuffing
Cranberry sauce
Corn

Bavarian Pot Roast
Mashed potatoes
Roast winter veggies

Turkey Stir Fry*
steamed rice

Slow Cooker Macaroni and Cheese
salad with green goddess dressing

Pot Roast Hash*
candied carrots

Spaghetti with Marinara sauce
salad with homemade Italian vinaigrette

Swiss steak
buttered egg noodles
Brussels sprouts

Slow Cooker honey ginger chicken
steamed basmati rice
broccoli

Cheddar brats
German potato salad
green beans



1 comment: