Tuesday, June 18, 2013

What we've been eating!

  Just a quick roundup on what has been for dinner this last week since grocery shopping. Hopefully nothing as alarming as what is being served in this picture. LOL.

Wednesday 6/12 we had homemade spaghetti and meatballs. Made my own sauce and meatballs from scratch and paired it with a salad.

Thursday 6/13: I did simple Smoked Maple rubbed grilled pork chops, au gratin potatoes and green beans for GF and myself for our dinner date night.

Friday 6/14: Spicy Pineapple Rum grilled chicken & Shrimp ( GF didn't have enough of either item to serve singly so I did a surf & turf idea, marinating chicken breast & shrimp in Pampered Chef's Spicy Pineapple Rum sauce then brushing on additional sauce as I grilled), rice pilaf, and beets.

Saturday 6/15: We ate out while attending a classic car show.

Sunday 6/16: Made the GF's favorite dinner for Father's Day: Herb crusted eye of round roast, gravy, mashed potatoes, and candied carrots. I also baked a chocolate-coconut poke cake for dessert.

Today 's dinner was simple Chili Lime Pork fajitas with yellow rice.

For the pork: I mixed together 1/4 cup olive oil, 2 tablespoons of lime juice, a teaspoon of sugar, 2 teaspoons of chili lime rub, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. I took the pork strips I cut up and froze from my last shopping trip and marinated them for 30 minutes in a bowl.
 

 

 
While the pork was marinating I cut up some red bell pepper and an onion.
And got them sauteeing in a skillet on stove.
I started a package of Yellow Rice in a pot on the stove
And using one of my Pampered Chef grill pans I preheated the grill and got the pork strips cooking
 
I forgot to purchase some flour tortillas on my big grocery shopping trip but we had a nice package of corn tortillas in the refrigerator. Not traditional  but they did the trick
I put several of them between two paper towels and warmed them for one minute in the microwave.
Dinner was so yummy I even forgot to take a picture of my plate.
 
 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment