Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Freebies!

Our old set of couch and loveseat were looking pretty shabby. Lots of holes and tears in the fabric from doggie nails and a bad puppy left them covered under a set of slipcovers that got the job done but which I never really liked. I got extremely lucky in the last week. My middle daughter K was gifted with a couch and loveseat from a friend of an inlaw but she and my son in law didn't care for them once they picked them up. She called and asked if I'd be interested in them since the color went more with my decorating than hers. I took a look and was delighted. They are a charcoal grey with flecks of brown and blue that goes very well with my chocolate/red/navy decorating scheme. This morning my middle son J had the day off from work and we went and picked them up. I am extremely happy with the results. Throw blankets (out drying in the sunshine) will cover the seats and backs to prevent doggie accidents with nails and too much dog hair on them.

 
My other freebie of the day is the laundry I have hanging out on the clothesline. The weather was a bit dicey this morning, cool and grey but the forecast was for mild temps and sunshine this afternoon. And sure enough we are low 70s and sunny with a nice light breeze. Perfect for drying laundry without having to involve the electric company. The load of towels I am doing will go over to my son's house for drying since I am not a big fan of the rough, scratchy, "spa towel" thing.Here's a pic of half of my clothesline (you can see a throw blanket drying right at the end).
 

No comments:

Post a Comment